Monday, August 1, 2011

Something new

For those of us with chronic pain life becomes frustrating. Many people, like me, haven't found any relief. It's aggravating and makes it hard to enjoy our lives. So, rather than be passive, I am trying alternative health care along with my traditional health care.

I tried another form of alternate health care. I suffer enough to try everything, so with an extremely open mind I tried Reiki. Here's how it went:

After my several months of acupuncture I had no idea what to expect, except for one thing- I knew there were no needles. I stopped the acupuncture for several reasons, none of which was the needles. I got used to them, even on my face. And it did help in some areas.

Reiki is a gentle therapy. It works with the energy in your body and moves it to help alleviate pain. It also works with emotional pain as well. Honestly, Reiki is far different than anything I've experienced. It's not massage and it's not therapy like counseling (though it can release pent up emotions).

Reiki allowed me to relax, something I have extreme trouble doing. My reiki healer played spiritual music, not from a particular religion just relaxing and calming. I was on a massage table with a pillow and bolster under my knees.

My Reiki healer explained everything to me. I don't know everything she did because my eyes were closed and I was very relaxed. She held parts of my body such as my head or my arm. But when she held my knee, a place that was throbbing, I felt the pain lighten and lighten until it was almost gone.

I felt joyous throughout the experience and when we were done I was so relaxed I felt a like jelly.

I'm not suggesting anyone go out and try Reiki. I am just sharing my experience. Nothing has helped me feel better, so why not try something I've only heard good things about? I don't know what the long term effects will be, but I'm having another appointment next week.

I feel the need to take an active role in my health care, in finding relief. I'll share my experiences along the way.

May you find some relief and feel joyous.

peace & love,
sunee

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Home

No comments:

Post a Comment