Sunday, July 31, 2011

I can't do it all

I have spent most of my adult years with the attitude that everything can get done and will. I didn't need sleep if costumes needed to be made or the cast list needed to be posted- even though I worked 10-12 hour days as it was.


Yes, that's crazy. I've learned my lesson. Actually I've learned more than that. My health is more important than anything I think I need to do. It took a few hard knocks, but I'm grounded now. That's why I didn't blog for the past few days. 


I was terribly ill. I have been having a horrible reaction to a new medication (and my doctor is on vacation) while enduring my normal pain and some new pains that are just awful.


I'm not telling you all this for sympathy. It's my goal to express the importance of taking care of ourselves. Blogging is one of my favorite things, so almost everyday, when my pain is at a dull roar, I write. It brings me happiness.


Sometimes I don't have that break to blog. Or read. Or do much of anything but rest. Unfortunately, that is the nature of our conditions if we have Fibromyalgia and/or an autoimmune disease. But I am fortunate enough to be home to blog and read and write my stories.


We don't have to do it all. Not in perfect health or compromised health. Besides, it all gets done in it's own time. Put yourself first so you can be there for your family. Then, if you're feeling up to it, add things on.


Be good to yourself.


peace and love,
sunee

No comments:

Post a Comment