Monday, July 25, 2011

taking control

I am almost always in pain. I have a mountain of symptoms and physical problems. I have a emotional problems, too. These are probably the result of my illnesses. I would list all my aches and pain all, but it's boring to hear the whole list.


I'm telling you this because I am working on controlling my neediness. If I don't work on this I'll be having pity parties everyday. Those parties suck because no one comes.


But pain and funky problems shouldn't define me. I am a caring, thoughtful and generous woman. I have a good sense of humor and I'm silly. I'm sensitive. I have directed over 20 plays, I taught and love Improvisational Comedy. I write. Stories, poems and plays. I am not just a "sick" woman, I am the sum of my parts.


Obviously any health issues we have make up some of who we are, but we need to let the other parts shine, too. We control that. 


It's so easy to let any illness define us. We can just be sick. Or, we can balance our lives so that we can be ourselves. Taking control means taking good care of yourself while still enjoying your life. You can modify activities or take up new hobbies.


I'm in no way saying you should become a control freak. We just need to come out of the shadows and join life. After all, life is not a dress rehearsal. Get yourself back if you haven't already.


Enjoy!


peace and love,
sunee

No comments:

Post a Comment