Sunday, July 17, 2011

Alternative health care

Anyone who follows my blog or knows me will agree that I am open to Alternative health care. I am a believer in acupuncture, massage, antioxidants, strange lotions, potions, green tea and yoga.


Next week I should be trying Reiki. I personally don't know very much about Reiki, other than I believe it has to do with our flow of energy.


I would never go against my Rheumatologist or try a treatment without checking with him. And, at the advice of my psychiatrist, I won't research each little symptom or possible side effect. They are my experts. If your doctors aren't your experts, that might be what you want to research and fix first.


I have said it before and I will keep saying it- we need to have an open mind if we want to feel less pain. We need to make lifestyle changes to be open to what you've read/heard about.


Okay, first off, don't believe in everything you read. Second, don't run out and buy something that your neighbor's aunt used and it changed her life.


If we are too easily swayed or too uptight we become hard to treat whether it be traditional and/or alternative healthcare.


I wish you and open mind and a pain free body.


peace and love,
sunee

No comments:

Post a Comment