Sunday, July 3, 2011

patience

  • Patience is a virtue, right? Well, there are so many things to be patient about these days that I am starting to believe that we'll need to get our virtue elsewhere. I will, anyway.

    People get impatient with themselves and their kids, bosses and employees, friends and relatives.

    I'm am getting extremely impatient with my Fibromyalgia and Sjogren's Syndrome. I am out of patience with this severe pain. I have no patience for pain every single day. I'm impatient for remedies, relief, cures to feel normal again.

    I know all the tips and tricks for resuming patience and control. I meditate, including mindfulness meditation, I don't try to handle everything at one time. I do deep breathing, especially the 21 deep breaths to find my center and resume patience.

    I share with others how to find a balance so that they can become patient once again.

    I'm just not a particularly patient person when it comes to pain. Sometimes I am, but lately the type of pain I'm having has caused me to be all over the place emotionally and I have no more patience. The pain is making me antsy and agitated and sick and tired of the whole ordeal. But what about my family? How does all that effect them?

    I don't want to be impatient with my family members because I am in pain. I don't want to be impatient with myself or my doctors. 

    I believe it's a choice. It takes some self control and practice, but it is worth it in every sense. We're all going through something or another, whether it be financial issues, family issues, social issues or anything that agitates or saddens us.

    We often need to slow down, maybe meditate or do deep breathing before we can look at the situation clearly and find the patience to get through it. Prioritize and know it's all going to be okay. 


    I know I do.

    So, maybe patience is an important virtue.

    peace and love,
    sunee


  • Location: EVERYWHERE IN THE WORLD! Help it go viral!
    Time: ‎2:00AM Saturday, July 2nd

No comments:

Post a Comment