Friday, July 29, 2011

It's the little things

Great big gifts with huge bows or small, possibly blue, little boxes are generally what we think will bring us happiness. Even giving gifts can bring happiness.

I can't lie, I love a present. But presents only keep us happy for so long, generally speaking. The things that give us the kind of happiness that lasts are almost always intangible.

An unexpected card, phone call or visit from a friend are the things that leave us with a sincere feeling of love. Even sending the card, making the call or doing the genuine loving thing is like gift to ourselves.

And, for the record, I don't mean a text. I mean the real deal. Hearing one another's voice, getting something in the mail that isn't a bill. The simple things that touch our heart.

So bring a smile to someone you love. It'll leave you smiling, too.

peace & love,
sunee


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Home

No comments:

Post a Comment