Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Writing

When you're stuck at home in pain (or due to other reasons) it can get boring, irritating and can easily lead to Depression. We begin we feel useless at times.


If we can't get out to appreciate the beautiful summer weather there are things I do that help me feel useful. productive and not just stimulated but entertained.


I have many days when all I could do was rest and I was left with feelings of uselessness and depression.


We do have a lot of fun things at our disposal. I write. Plays, poems, short stories, and, soon, the great American novel (if you're hearing "Paperback Writer" by The Beatles we're on the same page).


I can honestly confess I am not motivated when I am in horrible pain, but on days when the pain is moderate I work on my writing. 


You don't have to be a "writer" to write. Journaling is a great start. I don't mean the "Dear Diary" kind of thing, unless you're into that, I mean draw in your journal, cut out pictures from magazines or get things from the internet. Make a recipe book, for example. A book for your relatives, with pictures that follows a story line. Or maybe a children's story for your kids or all those ones in your family. 


But if you want to write "real" stories there are kits to get you started and a million sites online with how to get your writing going with character ideas et cetera. Or write angry mail to your condition or pain.


And then there's crafting. I cannot begin to list all of the wonderful crafting hobbies there are. It's all about enjoying yourself instead of suffering and the sense of accomplishment. And many crafting hobbies are inexpensive.


We are always in control of how we respond to our circumstances. May you find something that eases the pain or problems.


peace and love,
sunee

No comments:

Post a Comment