Thursday, July 28, 2011

Helping others


Sick or not, we all want some love and attention (except maybe the super shy or total loners). It makes us feel wanted and cared for.

Being ill I love when someone in the family decides to pamper me or listen to my
list of all my ailments and all the things I want tow do when I feel better. I'm sure it's taxing on those close to me- even when I keep my neediness to a minimum. I have really hard times and it means so much to me when people reach out. Even a kind text or call warms my heart.

No matter how much or how little we can do for family or friends in need, it's all good. A card, sending flowers or gift baskets, and, of course, sincere words in person or on the phone can boost someone's spirits.

We all know these things but often we don't practice them. We're worried about ourselves and not for the person in need. And let's not forget the people close to us. They may be having trouble or are ill. Maybe they're grieving or worried about someone close to them. They may need a boost, sincere understanding and an open ear.

Illness is not the only reason to reach out. Sometimes people are going through ugly things in their lives and need comforting. It may be something we do not feel is as serious, but it may be serious to them. Being a friend or family member means we listen and help in whatever way we can.

I personally enjoy helping others. I genuinely want to find ways I can help (now that I'm much less active). I listen, offer suggestions, help create a way to get the rough time.

Sometimes the best way to help is to give a big hug and a smile. So I'm sending out hugs and smiles!

peace & love,
sunee


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Home

No comments:

Post a Comment