Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Doing only what you can

I know I've had this topic several times before, but I'm a slow learner so this is for me as much as anyone else.

There are days, sometimes several days in a row, when we just don't feel up to doing something that makes us happy when we do it.

It's okay to have to say no to seeing a friend or going to dinner. Even an event we said we would be at but at the time your arms hurt terribly, or your legs, or, worse, both.

Some people are understanding and sympathetic. They even care about how we are doing.

Some people believe we couldn't possibly have terrible pain "all of the time." I am learning not to accept what they say. In my mind I acknowledge what they said and I look for some good in it. Can't find the good? Move on. We have enough issues with people not believing us or that we are weak.

If I made a point here it's that we need to listen to our bodies. We need to be able say no and we need to change the negative comments to a positive thought.

We suffer a lot and we need to keep our life as absolutely positive as we can. 

Say affirmations. Be good to yourself. And, be okay saying no.

peace & love,
sunee

No comments:

Post a Comment