Tuesday, August 2, 2011

the problem with pain

The problem with pain seems obvious- it hurts. For those of that have chronic pain disorders pain is at a whole new level of hurt.


If you're suffering try a hot bath. Add some bath salts or lavender scented bubbles to calm our bodies down. If not, heating pads are wonderful. And take some good deep breaths to try to relax. If you have creams and ointments, us them. Another thing that works for me is to watch TV or a movie I love. I even have episodes of Top Chef on my iPad. It distracts from the pain.


However, the real problem with pain is that it keeps you from doing what you want to do. You can't do anything physical, so chores are out and even hobbies that require lifting etc


Pain also makes us think differently. I know my pain gets to the point where my head spins and I panic. I can't always even read a book or magazine or blogs.


Another problem with pain is that interferes with our relationships. We are stuck resting with heating pads while our friends go out and do fun things. I can't even go to the mall with my children or go out with my husband. 


Chronic, severe pain can make us lonely and unmotivated. I'm home full time and I love to write, yet I barely write anything. That's why I love my blog. Maybe you play the guitar or knit or paint but you "don't" feel like it. 


Pain sucks. But we need to avoid letting it suck the life out of us. It's up to us to find something to do when we feel really bad. Reading or researching something on the computer. Play games online (I love word games).


It is not easy to live with chronic pain. We are responsible for not losing ourselves because of it.


Stay active.


peace and love,
sunee

No comments:

Post a Comment