Thursday, September 1, 2011

Scary side effects

Guilty- I read all of the side effects for every medication I'm prescribed. I know I say not to. It will just make you scared and you may not take a prescription that might help you.

I even go online and read everything, and I mean everything, about it.Will it cause heart problems? Will it make me have seizures? Could I have serious medical problems if I take it for a long period of time? Does it make me loss my hair? Is it okay to take it with the other medications I'm on?

My psychiatrist told me not to do that. The most I should do is read the ways it will help me. In other words, find out how it works and trust the doctor who prescribed it. Besides, the pharmacy will catch any negative drug interactions.

My psychiatrist also told me that the people who do the medical trials may not even have our condition. Not only that, but any headache or nausea etcetera that they're feeling that day, aside from the medication, may effect their responses to how the medication makes them feel.

I've cut down on searching the side effects. I still inform myself on the medications but I don't spend hours online finding all the sometimes ugly details.

It's very liberating to trust the experts and not look for what possibly (like one in five million) might happen. There are just too many variables.

Being sick is hard enough. I don't need a bunch of negative information to add to it. And I hope you don't either.

Just the facts, please.


peace & love,
sunee


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment