Friday, September 9, 2011

positive living

Every one of us believe we have a reason to be bummed out, sad, pissed off, feeling sorry for ourselves or we're carrying around a resentment.


These negative behaviors feel normal. We tend to clutch them tighter than we do a loved one. Just like stress, these behaviors can cause pain or other health problems. When we try to reach out we might feel bombarded with all of the positive sayings and expressions that might be said to me. 


Although we all seem to feel one or more of the negative thinking, it's even more harmful for anyone with a serious health issue.


As someone suffering terribly from the autoimmune disease  Sjogren's Syndrome (SJS)and Fibromyalgia, I have found myself living in all negative feelings.All that did was cause me more and more pain. I'm sure it is harder or worse for those who have more serious and immediate health issues. But I wish them positive thinking, gratitude and love.


Reaching out for help is a great step to rid ourselves of  the negative ways we think. Reaching out to friends, a professional such as a counselor, or a support group. If we feel we need serious help, counseling may be the way to go. Support groups, for me, remind me that life is good and being grateful takes the negative edge off of us.


When we reach out we'll often be given positive affirmations to recite daily. And these seem corny. People say, "How are these simple expressions going to help me?"


Positive thinking and living starts with those expressions, and if we really examine the saying it may just start to make sense. If we let it make sense, it may be worth incorporating into our daily lives.


"Keep it simple" is an expression I've heard a lot of complaining or even making fun of it or even show anger toward it. "How can keeping it simple keep the landlord from showing up when I don't the money."


The idea behind any saying that promotes positive thinking is that we look at what is pissing us off or why we're carrying a resentment. They're designed, in my opinion, is to get us to look at our problem and see our part and then letting it go. We should remember all of the people and things we love and appreciate and be thankful.


This isn't by any means the answers to our problems, but it may get us to look at what is riling us up and to find a gentle way to handle it. Some of us may need counseling (if this is a common way of life).


Reach out to a friend and confide in him/her until you feel less of the negative behaviors. Or, join a support group. There is one for just about anything. You may find one that is similar to your needs and it could be worth checking out.


We can also start everyday saying things like I won't hold this resentment against so and so because it is keeping me from being happy. Or, I will feel gratitude rather than feeling sorry for myself or be bummed out.


I hope all of us reach out. If you need to find a support group try www.meetup.com and find people who feel the same way. 


Reaching out is good for both parties. So don't be afraid to say "I really need to talk. Are you free soon?" The results will amaze you. Positivity starts with us.


peace & love,
sunee

No comments:

Post a Comment