Monday, April 25, 2011

really, again?

Some days when I wake up and it's hard to move I get frustrated. I haven't even started my day yet! I feel like shouting, "Really, again?"

I know I'm in a bit of a funk, but, seriously, pain in the morning, pain in the afternoon, pain really bad in the evening and pain at night? Can't a gal get a break?

I'm working on keeping a positive attitude and my sense of humor- which is normally good. But I've found myself being snappy, impatient and just plain irritable. And that's if I'm not feeling anxious. It's easy to fall into that when much of your body is in agony.

And, while I'm complaining I have to admit that Sjogren's Syndrome is drying me out. I'm like the desert. My eyes are like sandpaper, my mouth is so dry water doesn't make it feel better and my skin is drying out. When I use my eye drops (every 30 minutes to an hour) it feels like heaven and I think, "This is what normal eyes feel like." Then they dry right up.

But, I'm not going to let these things keep me from being happy. I am doing the little things that make women feel good about themselves. I'm dressing for the day instead of staying in sweats everyday. I'm fixing my hair. I'm writing stories (okay, most women don't do that, I imagine). I joined a Fibromyalgia support group and I'm looking for a Sjogren's one in the area.

I'm slowing down and remembering to laugh. My sense of humor is one of my greatest personality traits, yet I seem to have forgotten that. I get bogged down in the pain and other issues and nothing seems funny. However, lots of things ARE funny. My children are very funny, for example.

"Really, again?" Well, yes, but I need to learn to live with it without becoming miserable. I need to find the humor in my everyday life and laugh.

I hope you laugh a lot, today and everyday.

peace and love,
sunee

No comments:

Post a Comment