Sunday, April 3, 2011

no time for self-pity

Some days I feel a little sorry for myself. I'm sure my psychiatrist would say that's normal due to the depression that goes with fibromyalgia and my other disease. But we all know what isn't normal is living in that poor me state of mind.

Today my upper and lower back have burning, deep pain, my left arm is tingling and throbbing, my wrist hurts more than I can express, my knees are sore making it hard to take the stairs and the list goes on...

I just wasted so much of our time going over that. Not that we shouldn't release the pent up feelings associated with chronic pain, but enough is enough.

We need to live and enjoy and relax and just breathe. All this listing and worrying leads to more pain, and then- Guess what? More self-pity.

I started to feel a little pity creeping in because I feel so bad today, but just expressing it made me feel so much better.

My advice is to find someone who doesn't live your pain constantly to vent to, or grab your journal, or blog like I do.

We need to keep our spirits up and our minds free and clear of pity. We deserve to enjoy our lives just like everyone else.

peace and love,
sunee

No comments:

Post a Comment