Saturday, April 2, 2011

acupuncture

I've been looking for ways to relieve pain other than taking pain pill after pain pill. I'm assuming there are many in the same boat.

I avoid foods that are said to cause pain, from caffeine, nightshade vegetables, sugars (well, I'm not that good at that), sugar substitutes and sandwich meats because they have nitrates. I practice yoga, rest often, try to avoid stress (try being the operative word). And the list goes on...

So, when all else fails we venture out into things that might feel awkward or even scare us. I was terrified of acupuncture for years. I heard many people rave about the results. I heard professionals speak of its benefits. I read about it.

So, now I'm trying it. I began a once a week treatment plan. The goal is to lower my pain level enough to reduce the number of medications I take.

The needles don't really hurt going in. I felt a tingle or a pinch. While I laid there with many needles in me I had a few muscles spasms and tingly feelings all over. I was actually very relaxed while I had the needles in me. I almost fell asleep.

I'm in it for the long haul. I felt funky after the treatment today. Tired and woozy. I was told the pain might move to another spot and it did. I had a pretty high pain level for hours after. But after some rest I feel okay.

I'm excited about finding a way to live with less pain. I'll keep you posted on my progress.

peace and love,
sunee


No comments:

Post a Comment