Tuesday, April 26, 2011

alternative health care

I'm very committed to traditional health care, but I'm learning that it doesn't hurt to mix things up a bit with some alternative ways of healing.

I've been having weekly acupuncture sessions for about a month now and I have noticed some improvements in certain areas.

As for my Fibromyalgia I have noticed that I sleep better and my "brain fog" is a little clearer. I have a slight reduction in pain, though it hasn't taken any pain away.

As for my Sjogren's Syndrome I have had an increase in moisture in my body, which is like heaven for me. I have also had improvement in digestion and digestion issues.

Nothing seems to take all of my ailments away, but I'm learning to be less timid of other therapies than my rheumatologist can offer. I was afraid to try acupuncture because I thought the needles would hurt going in. They don't. Sometimes they tingle. The table is extremely comfortable and after the needles are put in I rest in a warm environment. It's relaxing but it often makes me sleepy.

I guess I'm learning to find ways to feel better so that I can enjoy my life more. I'm open. It's time to feel good again.

Feel good :)

peace and love,
sunee

No comments:

Post a Comment