Thursday, March 24, 2011

pain and family life

We all know how pain effects us. We feel it everyday. We do whatever we can to ease it from acupuncture to strange diets to taking herbs and and just about anything that promises hope.

What we, or I, may sometimes forget is how difficult it is for our family members to live with someone in constant pain.

They may feel hopeless, as there is nothing they can do to help. They may feel angry that they have to deal with this every single day. They may not know how they feel.

It effects my whole family- my children, my husband and my mother. They show it in different ways at different times. It ranges from helpful to annoyed. And the fact is, I just need to accept that.

It may seem unfair that we suffer so much and we also have to watch how it is effecting our loved ones. I want sympathy and warmth man times when they can't give it anymore. I want to be alone to rest or deal with my pain quietly and they need attention.

We cannot predict how they will act, but I am learning that I cannot be a constant downer. I need to find ways to cope so it doesn't destroy my family. It's bad enough that they have to worry all of the time, but I don't ned to add to it.

And, let's face it, who wants to be pitied? I don't. I'm still an intelligent, fun, and sometimes funny person with a lot of love to give. I'm not just someone suffering from severe pain.

Someone who is ill or has a chronic pain condition doesn't have to destroy the fabric of their family. Everybody needs to work together to keep a positive, functioning flow of daily life.

I wish you the best.

peace and love,
sunee

No comments:

Post a Comment