Tuesday, March 8, 2011

every little things gonna be alright

I truly believe Bob Marley had it right- "Don't worry about a thing cause every little things gonna be alright." And even though we may panic, stress and project, in most cases things work out for the best.

I am prone to panic, anxiety and stress. I'm wound up most of the time. It isn't healthy or fun. So I'm working on using Bob Marley's words as my mantra.

Change, expectations, illness, bills, loss. We all go through these to a certain extent. We can chose to live in it, wallow in the "why me?" or accept what's up and move forward.

As I've said before, pity parties are no fun. I might add that panic attacks aren't either. Taking it one thing at time is the only way. One way I calm myself down is to triage the situation. I deal with the most predominant issue first. Having dealt with what's most pressing takes some of the stress off.

If we deal with one thing at a time- the things we can deal with or fix- each thing becomes a little less stressful and easier to grasp. We can't solve all our problems in one sitting.

I've put a lot of stress on myself in the past, due to my illness, worries about money, false assumptions of what others expect of me. None of this made my life easier. In fact it added to my pain.

So, I've decided that I am going to use Bob Marley's words as my mantra for now on. Listen To "Three Little Birds" and you'll understand why.

peace and love,
sunee

No comments:

Post a Comment