Thursday, March 10, 2011

creativity


Let's face it- most of us get uptight, wound up, stressed out. A fact of life, maybe, but one we should try to avoid.

We can meditate, practice some Yoga, listen to music and a million other things to calm us down and rejuvenate ourselves. But one way that helps me is to get creative. I write. Stories, plays, poems. I listen to music and let the mood carry me. It takes me out of my head for awhile and then I can deal with the problems that face me with a clear mind.

Whether life is on a bumpy path or maybe you have chronic pain like I do, we all need to stop the mind chatter, for at least a little while, and just be.

Creativity works well for me. Not that I don't enjoy Yoga or meditating. I do. A lot. But I need to express myself in an artistic fashion. Sometimes it's just coloring in a coloring book. Mostly I try to write everyday. Even a few lines of a story, some sketches or playing a song on the guitar can ground you.

So if you need to relieve some pain, be it emotional or physical, try something creative. Let it all out on paper, in a song, on a canvas.

We all deserve some clarity and self-expression from time to time. Or, like me, all the time.

peace and love,
sunee

No comments:

Post a Comment