Wednesday, March 31, 2010

doing nothing

In this time of multitasking, parents and children texting while they talk to one another, no one talking eye to eye or even taking a moment to really invest in what is going on, maybe it's time to do a little nothing.

I don't mean stuck-in-one-place, never reaching or changing or growing, "I'll stay this way forever," kind of nothing. I don't even mean put half the work down or don't drive an answer email at the same time.

Nothing is, of course, open to interpretation.

I'm referring to a stretching out on a blanket and cloud watching, taking a nap, lounging in a favorite chair with a magazine, or, my personal favorite, a long, hot bath.

Why all this nothing? There are things to do! Take it from an ex-workaholic who still suffers from ADHD even if my body can't keep up. I worked and worked and thought about work. I had headaches, tension in my neck, less patience and less smiles.

Slowing down reminds us to take a breath. To enjoy a nice day. To really listen because we're moving a little slower, a little lighter.

A little nothing is good. It brings about a lot of somethings we forget about- better health. I know that those of us who suffer from chronic pain conditions and such must rest. We need nothing time. Doing errands or housework or this or that isn't nothing.

So, I encourage everyone to practice a little nothing here or there. Slow down. Be present. And, we might just get a little more done.

peace and love,
sunee

Transform what's not working...SARK style! Take a look at SARK's Transformation Exper!ence for a life-altering multimedia journey of healing!

No comments:

Post a Comment