Friday, March 5, 2010

counting blessings when all else fails



Some days it's just hard to feel a sense of gratitude. Maybe we have pain- physical and/or emotional, stress over money, grief over loved ones, just a general sense of TOO MUCH leads us to feel that nothing is right or good in our worlds.

I tend to make lists of my blessings, gratitude lists, whatever you like to call them, pretty regularly. Sometimes I do it in my head, sometimes I write it out because I need a little more convincing. And, sometimes, on really bad pain days, I have to get down to the basics. I'm blessed to have this day. I'm blessed to have all I need today, right now, this minute.

Once I am reminded of how blessed I am, and sometimes it takes longer than others- I may backslide into the "but I have pain everywhere and nothing eases it" kin
d of thinking, I find relaxing, easy on the mind activities. Like coloring.
Or, maybe cooking. It's okay to have someone else chop and ask the butcher the cut the meat up for you. It doesn't cost anymore, and there's no waste. At Whole Foods Market I buy my chicken breasts and they cube them for me, ready for any dish I
need cut up chicken, and I never hurt my wrists doing it. (Plus it's organic.) When you buy the veggies prepped you actually save your wrists and time and there's no waste. That's worth an extra 79 cents to me.
Basically, once I'm calm and realize I'm blessed I can take that energy and use it in a variety of positive and different ways. I don't need to be held captive by my pain or stress or fears because I know my life offers a plethora of things to be grateful for.

I'm grateful for this place to write what's one my mind and I thank you for sharing it with me.

peace and love,
sunee


1 comment: