Sunday, March 28, 2010


Sometimes it seems as though we take two steps backwards as soon as we've made some progress in any area of our lives. Maybe we've removed a few stressors from our lives, got on a great new nutritional regime, worked on breathing rather than freaking out, had a few pain-free days- whatever.

Life, however, doesn't always acknowledge our efforts. Or does it? When we get pummeled with a stressful situation, heartache, unbearable pain or any other difficult time to get through it's easy to think, "What was all that work on myself for? Why am I even more behind than I was yesterday?" Or, for the real victim types, "Why me?"

I think that we know exactly what to do most of the time. Every setback, every bit of stress and pain, gives us the opportunity to us the skills that got us ahead in the first place.

Slowing down and breathing, meditating and remembering that too much stress just causes a vicious cycle. For those of us with chronic pain conditions, this can bring on horrible flare-ups. I don't know about anyone else, but I certainly don't need any extra flare-ups. I get plenty.

I personally don't want to wind up two steps backward when I worked like mad to get forward at all. We have to always be mindful of how much we can take, and when we should slow down and regroup.

When you feel stuck read something positive, find someone who loves and understands you, journal, meditate... anything is better than the poor me's two steps behind.

peace and love,
sunee

1 comment:

  1. You are an inspiration to us all! Keep moving forward.

    ReplyDelete