Tuesday, March 9, 2010


Everything is harder, scarier, more painful, just plain worse it seems when we are isolating. There are so many reasons we do it. A lot of those reasons are excuses or are born from fear.

I don't want to be a bother, people have their own troubles and I'm just full of problems with all my pain et cetera (and other martyr-like thoughts). Isn't it funny that we (ok, I) think of my friendship as a bother rather than a gift to someone at times?

It's legit to think that people won't understand a condition like fibromyalgia (and Sjogren's Syndrome and all like conditions), but true friends will learn about what's going on and hang out doing what we're able to do- even if that's just a TV watching visit or playing a board game or maybe having tea and a chat.

Everyone fly the coup? Try not to sit around moping. It's horrible for our health and then we really aren't any fun to be around anyway. Reach out. It's so important. Join a community online, reach out to family, reinvest in a friendship you let slip away because everyone was so busy.

It sounds so easy, but I know it can be difficult. Conditions like these often cause depression due to chronic pain, then we're lonely too? I've been through it. I was sad and hurt and a little prideful. Where were all the people I befriended during their low points?

Look forward. Reach out. Forget pride and try to rekindle meaningful relationships. Your health and happiness depend on it. Don't live on isolation island. It's only cool in movies and on TV.

Peace and Love,
sunee

No comments:

Post a Comment