Monday, March 8, 2010

staying present



When everything gets crazy and piles up all at once, as it always does, right? We're never handed a problem to handled simply and then once that's solved, on to the next. Or are we?

I used to thrive on the drama (big pun intended for all who know me) and use all the stress as a sort of confused energy to handled every single thing right this very minute.

Being ill has not only slowed me down but has also made me realize that there is a very simple art to handling the "when all hell breaks loose" days. It's a form of triage. (I know, I know, another pun.) Whatever or whoever needs immediate attention gets it. The rest can wait til their number is called.

And, guess what? I might be the one who need attention first. I may need to regroup before I
deal with any chaos because stress causes many negative reactions for those of us with fibro and/or autoimmune conditions-namely, pain!

We have choices. Taking a time out
over some green tea (Yogi Teas make many delicious blends as well as a calming tea) to put things in perspective. If time permits, a warm bath or some inspirational reading material. Writing in a journal. Calling a friend. Scrap booking. Word games.

These little changes in how we deal with life's ups and downs help to keep us balanced. When we're balanced we might
be able to control pain flare-ups just a little. And that little bit counts!

So, slow down. Quiet the mind chatter and just deal with right now. Just right now. It's okay to relax a little and take care of yourself. I'm just learning how myself :)

I Can
by sunee lyn foley

here
right now
I can.
I no longer
have to
fix
everything
and
everyone
I just need
to adjust
to what
really is
right now.
Not projected
reality
or
everything
at once.
Not the
he said
she said
stress train
to painville.
Right now
what is
present
I can handle
today.

Peace and love,
sunee



No comments:

Post a Comment