Thursday, April 29, 2010

slow down and relax!


Rush, rush, rush. That's all I did for almost 12 years. First I returned to college with 2 small children and 2 majors, then I taught Drama. But I didn't just teach- I breathed it, spent time that would have been so useful to my psychological health doing it that I didn't just work my self silly, I worked myself ill.

Relaxing is hard for many of us. Maybe TV doesn't hold you're intrest or you're not a big reader.

I read now. And watch TV. And color. And play word games. I'm not lucky I get to do these things. I need to. And, I'm guessing, so do many others. Be afraid of what will happen if you don't- I know that it has been so very difficult to regain my sense of self when my health took a trip down that road.

It takes being able to be by yourself, enjoy your own company, and let your mind slow down.

Did I mention naps- if you can fit them in- as a perfect way to refresh?

We all just have so much to do, too full of plates, obligations no one understands...
But we all have to slow down and be present or we will miss all the good stuff.

So, stop checking email on your Blackberry or IPhone, just for a little while each day and maybe you'll be able to have an eye-to-eye talk with someone, enjoy your garden, just be.

I know that is where all of life's goodness comes from. So, sit back and relax. Everything will be more that okay.

peace and love,
sunee

No comments:

Post a Comment