Thursday, April 15, 2010

don't sweat the small stuff?

We've all heard the expression, "Don't sweat the small stuff," but that isn't always as easy as it might sound.

I'm just saying isn't it always that last little thing that takes a stressful time to a whole new level? It's, "the straw that broke the camel's back," the, "icing on the cake" so to speak.

I kind of mosey through the stressful times with my positive, look at all we have to be thankful for attitude until one tiny thing sends me to anxietyville, causing me painful flare-ups and often a good anxiety attack to go along with it.

How does that make sense, right? But we can only handle so much for so long before SNAP and however we breakdown it happens. Some of us handle stress more gracefully than others, of course.

We can keep a healthy lifestyle, dealing with each issue as it comes up. Journaling, exercise, getting enough rest and relying on whatever support system we have available is essential. Life offers too many challenges to handle all of them alone.

Since being diagnosed with my illnesses I've been studying ways to live healthier from the inside out. It's hard work- especially when he small stuff becomes so insurmountable in my mind that I feel I cannot handle any of it anymore.

That's when it's time to SLOW DOWN and look at things realistically. Do I need rest before I deal with this? Do I need help? How do I feel about it? (Where's my journal?!)

Slowing down makes the biggest difference. No wasted energy running around stressing while getting nothing done. I personally don't have that kind of energy anymore and it isn't wise to run around all kooky like a stress ball anyway.

So, even though we may initially stress the small stuff let's not let it break anything, not "the camel's back," our emotional and psychological well being or whatever groove we have going in our lives. It's just stuff, and, well, stuff happens.

peace and love,
sunee

SARK's Transformation Exper!ence is a bulging treasure chest of SARK's best healing tools!

No comments:

Post a Comment