Saturday, May 1, 2010

be here now

What's going to happen tomorrow? Will I be able to handle the tasks ahead of me? Will I have enough money? How will I keep it all together? When will life get easier? Why do I have so much to do?Mind chatter like that is common, but sometimes we just need to hush all of those things and just be. Being present for our lives alleviates much of the stress we pile on ourselves.

We all need to get things done, deal with stress, maybe even deal with illness, too. The problem is that sometimes that's all we think about and we forget about NOW.

Now we have the opportunity to be with loved ones and actually BE with them, relax, enjoy the sunshine, reconnect with friends. These are the things we cannot always get back once the life becomes easier. (When is that, by the way?)

Life goes by so fast. I fear forgetting my children playing when they were young, what fun I had in high school, even current events. Why? Because I'm so worried about the future- planning, projecting- thinking I know what is to come.

Over a year ago I learned that all of the planning cannot prepare us for anything. When I got ill I had no idea what was ahead of me. Now I make my health a priority and I take nothing for granted. It's a struggle but if I don't stay present I'll lose the chance to enjoy my family, make new memories and accept all the beauty life offers.

Now isn't that bad, no matter how many difficulties we face. We just need to focus on now while we work toward the future.

So, quiet the mind chatter for a bit and see what wonders you can find. Be here now and let the future unravel as it will (with some work when we should, of course).

peace and love,
sunee

No comments:

Post a Comment