Thursday, May 6, 2010

what we can handle

If we're not given more than we can handle, why does it often feel that way? Everything coming at us at once, good news seems like light years away- but we can handle what challenges come before us.
We can't handle everything at once. And we can't feed into the desire to completely stress out. Easier said than done. But the results are dramatic. A positive, this is what it is for now is a great place to start.

Of course, we need to remember that it isn't always going to turn out the way we expect it to or want it to. Sometimes that's a god thing. In the midst of emotional overload it can be hard to know what's the best for us.

I can't too overwhelmed. My fibromyalgia will stop me cold. I need to just do some accepting and put out the most positive sides of myself that I can. Each obstacle we've faced during my illness confirms to me that we make choices.

Setting limits, avoiding a lot of negative talk and influences and just plain old good self-care is a start. Say no if you're not up to it. Rest. Eat right. Share positive talk with others. Relax.

It's been a time in which I've felt overwhelmed until I just realized not everything is in my hands. I need to do the footwork and then roll with the rest.

So, maybe it's time to take a load off and see what's really important. Usually it's fairly obvious. From there maybe some happiness can squeeze in, too.

It's ultimately our choice how we perceive almost everything. Why make mountains out of molehills?

peace and love,
sunee

No comments:

Post a Comment