Thursday, May 20, 2010

state of mind

When thinking of mind over matter I always think of the expression I once heard- If you don't mind it doesn't matter.

Well, that may not be completely true, but certainly our state of mind effects every single thing we do. Or don't do. I know that is true for me.

I began thinking more of what I could do, not what I couldn't do. Just because I've had a few set backs shouldn't keep me cloistered away with no living going on. (My set backs being fibromyalgia and an autoimmune disease.)

Just thinking about my capabilities rather than my limitations improved my state of mind, and, subsequently, my health began to improve. With every positive change my life becomes living again- not just being.

I think sometimes we get stuck in that "I can't" or "Why me?" way of thinking and forget how it effects not just us but also our loved ones, co-workers, everyone around us. Maybe certain obstacles and such aren't for us to figure out but to attend to and move forward.

My state of mind effects my health everyday. My health effects my whole world. I cannot afford to be negative all the time. Can you?

So, here's to positive thoughts and positive happenings!

peace and love,
sunee

No comments:

Post a Comment