Tuesday, June 15, 2010

you can't please everyone

As much as I hate to admit it, I am a people pleaser. I want everyone around me to feel good, have what they need and be happy.
The problem with wanting to please everyone is that it just isn't possible, and, I get lost in the mix. No matter what's going on we can only do so much for people. They need to be upset sometimes and what they need may not be what we can give.

People need to go through their own feelings and problems. I don't suggest by any means not to be a source of love and support, but we need to let go sometimes. For me this is extremely hard, and often I forget to take care of myself because I'm so busy trying to make sure everyone is happy.

Letting go and letting what is be what is can be one of the most challenging things a people pleaser can experience. It is essential, however, if we're to maintain any level of sanity and happiness ourselves. We cannot take on the world and every single problem every single time something comes up for those around us. In fact, sometimes it makes people feel smothered.

My solution? I'm going to practice letting go. I'm hoping it will reduce my stress and free me up to relax and take better care of myself.

Besides, life is what it is sometimes and we all need to find it within ourselves to get through the obstacles set before us. And, a little love and giving people space may go a lot farther than obsessing on what others need to do for themselves.

It's a hard lesson for me, but I'm willing to learn and let go a little.

peace and love,
sunee

No comments:

Post a Comment