Tuesday, June 1, 2010

ups and downs

Life is sometimes a bit of a roller coaster ride. There's not just ups and downs and crazy turns, but also anticipation, excitement and often fear.
Whether we realize it or not, life's ups and downs often put our bodies through stress as well as our minds. Once the stress is in motion it can take over how we feel physically- stress causes
disease in our bodies. I'm not just talking major diseases, which is a very likely possibility if we are living in stressland.

We can feel our bodies tense, get headaches, have stomach disorders and
worse. I don't know about anyone else but I don't want to be consumed with stress and thus disease.

I personally am working on only feeling the gratitude for all that I have.
Feeling that goodness and focusing on those things that bring us joy and security, the things that are GOOD, and believing things will work themselves out help to keep us less likely to live in stressland. And, by doing so we will help our bodies endure less pain and reduce our chances of getting ill from stress.

It isn't easy. Life throws some serious curves, ups and downs, and hard situations. It is our job to keep them from disabling us completely.

I read many positive books and practice thinking positive and grateful thoughts. I admit I'm not the best at meditating but I am working on that. It calms the nerves, clears the mind and helps us to find that gratitude that can keep us smiling no matter what is thrown our way.

I plan to think positively, meditate and be grateful everyday for everything. So far it's helping.
Maybe it will work for you, too :)

peace and love,
sunee

2 comments:

  1. i hate stressland too. re-reading the secret these days to boost my positive energy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've just started to do the same. I even have an app on my phone with a daily message from The Secret :)

    ReplyDelete