Monday, October 22, 2012

Right? Right!



Do you admit when you're wrong? Gloat when you're right?
Does it really take the bigger person to admit when you're wrong? I'd like to think I'm the bigger person and I'm right all the time. No, really, I am. I'm right all the time.

I'd like to think that. But, the truth of the matter is that I'm lucky if I'm right some of the time, and, really, it doesn't matter if I'm EVER right because whose keeping track?

You know who is keeping track? The people who have to be right. The people who can't just be, who can't just roll with life. They're the same people who will yell at a wait person because the chef prepared their steak wrong. Or, yell at the cashier because the line is long.

I don't want to be the person keeping tabs on what everyone else is doing wrong. It probably means that person isn't doing what s/he should be doing- how could anybody be doing what they should be doing if they're spending all of their time checking to see what you and I are (and aren't) doing?

I've had friends like that. They go on and on about how they could do everyone's job better. But, I know the truth. The only job I can do better is my own. I may know a lot about a lot of things, but it isn't up to me to tell everyone how to do what they do better. Besides, it's usually only talk- she never actually tried to tell anyone what they were doing wrong or how they could do it better.

I think we put too much emphasis on being right. It's not like being the winner of a race. There's no prize. Is there? Maybe I've been wrong for so long I've missed the boat and there's a whole party going on for the "Right" people. 

I've never been part of the in crowd, so it figures I wouldn't know about it. See, I'm wrong again!

Actually, I'm right. I try not to fall prey to gossip and I try not to be a know-it-all (which is so hard because I do know it all). I'm nice to cashiers and wait people- but I rarely order steak. But, who cares? Who's keeping track? Not me. I'm far too sick to spend the time, and, I wouldn't want to.

It's all irrelevant anyway. I'm always right, and that solves most of the problem.

peace and love,
sunee





No comments:

Post a Comment