Sunday, May 1, 2011

funks are no fun

Being in a funk is no fun. It's funky (not in a good way). You feel down, nothing holds your attention, everything gets to you...

But unfunking is fun. Getting outside and enjoying the day, for example. Today I met up with a fibromyalgia support group and we walked the path at a lovely park.

Enjoying a hobby, even if it's tough to get the motivation to get started, is satisfying. Sometimes we just need to push ourselves to get started. I replanted a plan today. I love my little garden, but while I was in my funk, I let it go.

I also did some creative writing, which always makes me feel good. But I did stare at a blank screen for a bit. I just had to push myself to get started.

When we feel funky it's hard to get out of it. We feel like we're in a hole. But there is light above and we just have to push a little to see it.

It's worth it to unfunk ourselves. We all deserve to feel happy.

oh, and please remember that National Fibromyalgia Awareness Day is May 12.

peace and love,
sunee

No comments:

Post a Comment